Candle Safety and Warning Information
Wick and Co first and foremost aims to ensure the safety of all customers, and as any object which contains an open flame may cause damage, it is important that you use the products in the manner in which it was intended. In order to safely use your candles, Wick and Co suggest that you;
- Never leave lit candles unattended - ensure the wick ember is no longer lit when leaving a candle unattended.
- Never leave lit candles near or on flammable items.
- Never leave lit candles in a place that they may be accessible to animals or children.
- Always keep candles on a stable and heat-resistant surface.
- Do not keep lit candles in places where they may be affected by wind or drafts.
- Never attempt to move or relocate a candle when the wax is melted and/or the container or jar is still hot - wait until the wax is solid and the jar/container is completely cooled before moving.
- Never use anything other than a candle snuffer or a soft blow to extinguish a lit flame - be aware that blowing candles can leave wicks uncentered or cause a splash of hot melted wax.
- Always trim the wick after use back to 5mm.
- Do not leave your candle burning for more than 4 hours.
- Do not touch or come in close contact to burning candles - keep away from facial features.
- Ensure the wax pool is clean - do not allow wick trimmings and/or debris to gather in the wax pool.
- Never burn your candle until the wax is completely gone, always stop burning before there is 1cm of wax remaining.
- Do not use your candle if the jar or tin is damaged in any way.
- Let the wax melt to the edges of the glass the first time you burn your candle and try to avoid burning your candle for periods less than one hour or in excess of four hours.
- Ensure that the wick remains centred, if it moves to one side of the glass adjust the wick back to the centre - wicks near the glass can cause shattering and burns.
- Be careful using sharp objects to remove anything from a heated candle - this can cause breakages in the glass.
- Keep burning candles apart from one another.
- Do not adjust a wick with your fingers while the wax is melted and/or hot.
- Keep candles away from other heat sources to maintain colour and scent.
- Always extinguish a candle if it is continuously flicking, smoking or if the flame becomes too large.
Wick and Co does not accept liability for any damage caused from neglecting any of the above information.